Friday, June 7, 2013

The Vocation to the Priesthood

When I started this blog, one of my hopes was that it might be of some encouragement to some young man who might be thinking about being a priest. The following video was produced by my parishioners as part of my farewell party. While the video talks a lot about me personally, it describes beautifully the relationship that exists between a priest and his people. I hope that some young man whom God is calling to be a priest might watch this video and think, " I want to shepherd a people like that!"  There is a beautiful love that exists between a priest and the people he is called to serve. If you say, "Yes" to that call, you will lose nothing and gain everything. 
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BxsuMb8yDXo

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete