Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Hold On to the Promises

If you walked into my church a couple of Sundays ago, you would have heard the choir singing Palestrina and on most Sundays, you likely would hear some type of chant.  I know this might make some of my musician friends cringe and think I've gone nuts, but almost every day, I listen to Christian Rock, usually while shaving in the morning.

This morning a song came on that I had not heard before.  It came as a word of encouragement for me. I found a version of it here http://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=09B911NU.  For those who can't stand Christian Rock, don't bother listening.  But, I found it a consoling word.

The song is by a group called Sanctus Real.  The name of the song is, "Promises."  Even when all things have been unleashed against us, we can have confidence that we shall still conquer because nothing that is thrown at us can separate us from the love of God.  We will conquer and be victorious.  That's a promise worth holding onto. 

No comments:

Post a Comment