Thursday, November 29, 2012

Looking for A Dorothy Day Miracle

Sometimes when I offer Mass, I look at the congregation in front of me and am amazed by how much is going on in the lives of the people there.  I know probably more than most and I don't know the half of it.  In a particular way, the parish priest is often aware of the sufferings that afflict his people.  As hundreds of people pass by us on their way out of Mass, there is a constant barrage of requests for prayers for the dying, the unemployed, the addicted, the anxious etc.  In part, this is why I often will pray at Mass "for all who have asked our prayers."  This way, I don't forget any of the requests made to me.

A couple of weeks ago the United States Bishops advanced the cause for sainthood for Dorothy Day.  Quite honestly, I know very little about her life.  I know the basics.  In order to move toward sainthood, there have to be proven miracles attributed to that particular person's intercession.  And, somebody I know really needs a miracle today.  So, this is a match made in . . . heaven.

I cannot really say much about the person except that he needs healing.  So, I thought you might be so kind as to pray for this person's healing through the intercession of Dorothy Day.  I will include at the bottom of this entry, a prayer that can offered for this intention.  Would you help me and this person?

If you knew what the intention was, you would immediately join in.  Let's help a miracle happen.  If God should grant this favor, no worries--I will definitely let you know.  But for now, would you please say this prayer right now . . . and maybe for the next several days . . .maybe even 9 days?

I appreciate it..

Prayer for the Intercession of Servant of God Dorothy Day
G
od our Creator,
your servant Dorothy Day exemplified the
Catholic faith by her conversion,
life of prayer and voluntary poverty,
works of mercy, and
witness to the justice and peace
of the Gospel.

May her life inspire people
to turn to Christ as their Savior and guide,
to see his face in the world’s poor and
to raise their voices for the justice
of God’s kingdom.

We pray that you grant the favors we ask
through her intercession so that her goodness
and holiness may be more widely recognized
and one day the Church may
proclaim her Saint.

We ask this through Christ our Lord.

Amen.

1 comment:

  1. I am praying for you and your family. I believe our God still acts with miracles. To God be the Glory!

    ReplyDelete